[mythtv-users] Like an old movie!

John Danner johndanner at untzuntz.com
Fri Feb 14 13:04:43 EST 2003

I've got a G400 and it looks great. You might want to try changing your TV out
settings using the matrox tool (do a google search for it - I think I found it
with mplayer)

here are my settings:

/usr/local/bin/matrox 0x1e 0xc0
/usr/local/bin/matrox 0x20 0xaf
/usr/local/bin/matrox 0x22 0x88

this adjusts the output's brightness, color, and contrast.

As for poor quality (blurry tv) you might want to try upping your resolution -
for livetv I can only get 352x400 - but when I record I set it at 480x480 and
it looks a lot better.

Here is my fbset -i for reference:
mode  "800x600-64"
   # D: 40.000 MHz, H: 44.743 kHz, V: 63.918 Hz
   geometry 800 600 800 600 16
   timings 25000 46 2 83 40 46 -23
   hsync high
   vsync high
   bcast true
   rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
   Name        : MATROX
   Address     : 0xc4000000
   Size        : 8384512
   Type        : PACKED PIXELS
   Visual      : TRUECOLOR
   XPanStep    : 8
   YPanStep    : 1
   YWrapStep   : 0
   LineLength  : 1600
   MMIO Address: 0xcfefc000
   MMIO Size   : 16384
   Accelerator : Matrox G400

-John

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:31:27 -0500, JC wrote