[mythtv-users] Updated MythTV RPMs

Paul Jara pjara at rogers.com
Fri Feb 14 14:07:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 13:16, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Very cool.  Does this include all the deps (ie: QT, the freefont, etc.)?
>

> Paul Jara said:
> > This is just a heads up that there are updated mythtv RPMs (RedHat 8.0)
> > available at:
> > http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh80/at-testing/mythtv/
> >
> > The latest release includes a patch to prevent the segmentation fault in
> > mythfilldatabase.  The patch uses the same fix as discussed here:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Dev_F10/Re%3A_seg_fault_with_myfilldatabase_P51393/
> >
> > I hope this helps some RedHat 8.0 users out.

I'm not the person who created the RPMs - Axel Thimm has gone through
the trouble of creating/maintaining them.  I've just updated the RPMs
with a fix for a problem I was having.  That being said, this RPM does
not itself include all the dependencies.  However, there are RPMs for
all the components necessary to run mythtv, so one need not worry about
having to deal with non-RPM tarballs and such.

The easiest way to avoid RPM dependency hell in installing mythtv is to
use apt.  I installed apt4rpm from http://psyche.freshrpms.net.  Using
apt configured with the appropriate RPM repositories, one should be able
to install mythtv by simply issuing the command 'apt-get install
mythtv'.

Refer to this page for instructions: