[mythtv-users] setup fails

Declan Shanaghy declanshanaghy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 11:11:18 EST 2003

I installed all required packages on my redhat system,
mythtv code compiled and installed fine, mysql db is set
up. But when i run setup i get this error message

 ./setup: error while loading shared libraries:
 libmyth-0.7.so.0: cannot open shared object
 file: No such file or directory

I even recompiled the setup program, just in case, but to
no avail.

the results of `locate libmyth-0.7.so.0` show

 /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.7.so.0.7.0
 /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.7.so.0
 /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.7.so.0.7

Im quite new to linux so maybe this is something simple
im away from my system now so i cant try this but could
it be that /usr/local/lib/ isnt in the library search path,
i thought that would be standard though.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dek