[mythtv-users] Changing channel problem

Declan Shanaghy declanshanaghy at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 16:25:27 EST 2003

When watching MythTV, changing channels on MythTV doesnt
change the channel on my DirecTV box, i found this excerpt
in the FAQ but its pretty useless, how is this
ExternalChannelCommand supposed to be setup? I am using
V0.7

Is it possible to have MythTV change the channel on my
digital cable/satellite
  box, instead of my tuner card?
- Yes.  In the setup program, under "Input Connections",
you can configure a command
  to run whenever the channel needs to be changed on an
input which does not have a
  tuner.  In the 0.7 release, this was a global option in
the configuration file,
  "ExternalChannelCommand".

Also an aside question, when i select the "Setup" icon from
within MythTV nothing happens, is this supposed to happen?