[mythtv-users] MythTV on RedHat 8.0

Josh lists at linux.trustdevelopment.com
Sun Feb 16 14:52:06 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 14:35, Cedar McKay wrote:

I am using RH 8 with a custom compile 2.4.20 kernel.  I have a (AITech
WaveWatcher) BT878 and the newest BTTV drivers.  I am using a PIII 733
w/256mb and a 10gig HD (will purchase more space later).  Other than the
well-documented mythfilldatabase problems, I've had no hiccups during
installation.  I made the global change to /etc/sysconfig for UTF
encoding per the MythDocs listed below.

Currently my only trouble is getting the Gatos drivers for my ATI RF
remote control working, and then this box will be up on top of the
television :)

Congrats to all involved for this wonderful project.