[mythtv-users] Preemptive Kernel Patch

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Feb 18 12:35:14 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:59:40 -0600
"William Preston" <bpreston at networkusa.net> wrote:

> In this mail you said don't -20 frontend or it'll hang the box, but in
> your shell snippet that's exactly what you do.
>
> Make up your mind :)

nice -20 doesn't get realtime.  You can't get realtime from the command-line without
writing a wrapper program that:

        schp.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_RR);

        if (sched_setscheduler(0, sc, &schp) != 0) {
                perror("sched_setscheduler");
                return (-1);
        }

I have hacked vcr to do that and wrote a wrapper program and
tried it with myth (wasn't good idea).

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission