[mythtv-users] problems with zap2it

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 19 02:32:38 EST 2003

>>>>> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:59:08 -0600, Ian Truelsen <ian at ihtruelsen.dyndns.org> said:

i> The tvlistings server does seem to have the correct listings, but I am
i> not sure where one changes the server setting in xmltv. The only obvious
i> config file that I see is Cable.xmltv, but that doesn't have a server
i> setting in it anywhere.

        There is no server setting.  The problem is that the format of
listings on that server is an older format and xmltv changed some time
ago to handle listings on the default servers.  Therefore, you'll need
to grab an older version of xmltv (0.5.2 is what I use).  Before you
build and install it, edit "grab/na/ZapListings.pm" and change all
occurrences of "tvlistings2" to "tvlistings".  After you build and
install it, remove your "~/.mythtv/Cable.xmltv" and rerun MythTV's
"setup" program so you can re-enter your zip code and cable provider.
Then, run "mythfilldatabase" to see if things are working.

        If you don't feel comfortable going through all this, you
could just wait until zap2it fixes their listings.  It seems like most
problems don't last for more than a few days.  In fact, the default
server's listings for my area seem to be okay again so you may want to
check and see if your problem still persists.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net