[mythtv-users] Warning about FAT32

Jeff McDonald jeff at cloud9.net
Sat Feb 22 19:46:02 EST 2003

I doubt many will encounter this, posting as a reference in case...

My myth box is a dual-boot system (debian/win2k).  When I set it up I
used a huge FAT32 partition for myth, mp3s, and movies I have, the logic
being it would be nice to have my media available to both operating
systems.

Myth crashed twice today and I noticed a message saying the maximum file
size had been reached, in both cases the .nuv file was exactly 2GB in
size.  Turns out that FAT32 can't have files larger than 2GB (at least
with the formatter I used).

Oh well, it will feel good remove all M$ crap off that box :)

--jm