[mythtv-users] AverTV Studio & Linux

mythtv-users at sh3d.net mythtv-users at sh3d.net
Sun Feb 23 22:22:30 EST 2003

	I just got my mythtv setup running last week.  My system specs are:
Athlon 1.2, Avertv studio card, Geforce2mx.  I've had relatively good
luck with setting everything up except for a few things

1.  Btaudio doesn't support the Avertv tuner card, so you have to run a
patch cable to your soundcard.
2.  My Avertv studio tuner card doesn't tune to channels 10 and 59 very
well (there is static and a black line across the top)
3.  Can't get MAME to work for the life of me
4.  The remote control really sucks, the keys are lacking and in
horrible layout

	I'm running Redhat on it right now because I wanted something that
would install fast at the time.  But soon I will install Gentoo instead
because of the lack of bloat, package management, and ease of
configuration.  But whatever distribution you're comfortable with will
work.

-Synnix