[mythtv-users] (CVS 02/24/03) no Live TV, mythfrontend crashes

NYCE, GREG greg.nyce at aei.com
Tue Feb 25 10:06:20 EST 2003

Since I'm using a CVS version, maybe should go to myth-dev, but I had this
problem with 0.7 as well (using CVS to work around mythfilldatabase seg
fault problem).  Completely new to MythTV as of this past weekend, so I'm
still learning.

Pulled from CVS last night, compiled fine, really like the new graphical
setup.  My problem is I cannot view live TV.  I was able to record a show,
and then watch it on my TV just fine (so video card S-Video output is
working).  When I select Live TV, mythfrontend crashes, no message.  In
fairness, Live TV didn't work on 0.7 either (I'm sure it's just a config
issue), but the fact that I can watch a recorded show throws me.  Hints as
to what I should be focusing on?

Platform: RedHat 8.0 w/updates, ALSA, WinTV Go, Nvidia MX420 SE, Athlon
1800, 768 meg RAM, 40 gig HD

(Probably unrelated, but mythfilldatabase worked great with CVS, downloaded
at least a week.  Then I changed video card from Radeon 8500DV to Nvidia,
now mythfilldatabase complains that zap2it is empty - dropped database,
re-created, still same problem - but I guess sometimes there are issues with
zap2it).

Thanks,
Greg

This message, including any attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary information of Advanced
Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination, distribution, use
or copying of this message or any of its attachments is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.