[mythtv-users] damaged/corrupt nuv file???

Andrew Peabody mythtvfan at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:03:43 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:mythtv-users->bounces at snowman.net] On Behalf Of Bruce Markey
>Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 1:09 AM
>To: Discussion about mythtv
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] damaged/corrupt nuv file???
>
>Andrew Peabody wrote:
>> Infrequently damaged/corrupted nuv files
>> If anyone has an ideas please let me know.  I am more than happy to
>> provide information or implement some simple debugging, but I don't
know
>> where to start looking for this problem.
>
>Two quick questions. If you turn on Setup->General "Display
>live preview of recordings" then go to Watch Recordings,
>does the preview play at normal speed? It's normal if these
>are jittery but are there distinct pauses or skips in the
>previews?
>
>Also, had you experimented this week with the "Automatically
>Skip Commercials"? If so, verify that 'AutoCommercialSkip'
>is set to '0' in the settings table of your database then
>see if the behavior changes.
>
>--  bjm

Thanks for your response.

The previews always work perfectly, that is why I wonder if it is
related to the audio track.  Is there someway to disable the sound for
the full screen playback to test this?  I can comment out code and
recompile it if I know where to look.

I don't have an AutoCommercialSkip setting in my database, I guess my
version must have been from before it?  But the recording it made right
after the damaged one was fine, the settings would not have changed
between the two.

I will try to build the newest cvs release tonight, but like I said this
problem is not repeatable which makes it difficult to know if it is
fixed.

Thanks,

Andrew