[mythtv-users] Updating Myth's GUI

Nathan Ziarek nathan at ziarek.com
Thu Feb 27 23:11:07 EST 2003

Hey Guys -

I've been thinking about some ideas that might make Myth, in my opinion,
look and respond a little more like a PVR should.

I always hate to say things like that, because, as I've said before, if I am
stuck with Myth.7 forever, that is a pretty damn good deal. I love the
software and don't mean any disrespect to anyone that has put in time. I
know Isaac et al are working on big behind the scenes changes right now, and
prettying everything up is not a major priority.

However, some things about the GUI I dislike; things that make me think I am
using Windows or some OS, not a PVR.

I've come up with some stuff, but instead of loading this list with graphics
and such, I figured I would plop them on my website.

If you have any comments about anything, I'd love to hear them.

Here are the pages:

http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/interface.overhaul_overlay.asp
http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/interface.overhaul_scrolling.asp
http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/interface.overhaul_playback.asp

Send comments directly to me, or to the list.

Thanks,

Nate