[mythtv-users] Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Fri Feb 28 05:29:46 EST 2003

Hi,

Trying to get MythWeb up and running.  Configed PHP as follows:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs

then make / su / make install, and all went fine.

On my Mandrake 9, my home directory for Apache ends up being /var/www/html
so I copied the mythweb stuff (-r) into a directory below that.  When I open
a browser and go there, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory/db_open.php on line 20

That line is doing: $linkToDatabase = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_username,
$db_password) ....

Googling around one place said I needed mysql.so.  I have it on my system
but look where it is:

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysq
l.so

Is that right?  Anyway, I think I'm close but need to get the connection
between mysql and PHP to work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
JC

BTW, my PHP is 4.3.1 and Apache reports on my default home page the
following:
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26 (Mandrake Linux/6mdk) mod_ssl/2.8.10
OpenSSL/0.9.6g PHP/4.2.3