[mythtv-users] Edit mode question

Jason Ramey webmaster at permutation.org
Thu Feb 13 22:52:26 UTC 2003

Seems like a bad idea from a purely bandwidth standpoint.. 100mbits/sec
only stretches so far :).. you'll be hammering your switch pretty hard,
and congesting your network if any other machines on it use your storage
box .

But if you insist :):

- Ramdisks != needed.. I think nfs handles caching.
- More ram == better.
- If your mainboard supports the intel boot rom, you can run your os off
of your server (therefore disk-on-chip isn't even needed).  Check google
for how to work with this.
- Haven't played with it myself, but it sounds fairly do-able.  Redhat
8.0 handles net-boot beautifully, tho.