[mythtv-users] MythTV install: CVS (02/15/03)

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Sat Feb 15 20:28:07 UTC 2003

> Van: Rob Snow <lists at dympna.com>
>
> So I was building a new Linux box and decided to use a cheap MX type card
> on it as it will probably do everything I want...just some videos, light
> 3d just to see it work, etc.
>
> I purchased a Apollo MX440SE 64MB SDRAM card from newegg for $46, just
> the bill...cheap and reasonable performance....

That's wierd performance indeed. I'm running a Pixelview GF4MX440 and it
runs like a charm, under Linux. Tuxracer (older version though) under
Windows98SE reaches 12-20fps at slightly above standard settings. Under
Linux it get's ~100fps even when I set it to draw the course 300m ahead. So
basicaly I can see the whole course magesticaly layed out in front of me
under Linux, and have polygon teardrops under Win98SE.

btw, the GF4MX cards have propietary TV-out chips. You won't be able to
tweak over-/underscan under Linux, AFAIK.

	Henk Poley <><