[mythtv-users] No Sound

Ralph Little ralph.little at tribaldata.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 09:53:32 UTC 2003

Hi,
I have had this also..mostly when I start KDE, sometimes I get message along
the lines of "cannot start sound server" from KDE startup.
After a while it kicks into life!
Strange thing though: I am using VIA AC97 onboard sound.
Using latest ALSA (rc6). Works fine in all other respects.
Kind of sounds suspiciously like a race condition.

Curious....

Ralphy