[mythtv-users] Re: Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe NTSC

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Wed Feb 19 15:31:42 UTC 2003

Drew Lenze wrote:

> I didn't completely understand your point about your problems with
> stereo.  You stated:
>
> > One more thing:  this card supports stereo, but btaudio doesn't work
> > with it (it doesn't even appear to have an audio chip for btaudio to
> > support).  This means I had to connect the stereo out on the card to
> the
> > stereo in on my audio card.
>
> (Please bear with me, because I know almost nothing about MythTV.)
> How does this effect recording TV?  Does this mean that when recording
> TV you had to record video from the TV tuner and audio from your sound
> card?  Or does it only effect watching live TV?

As far as I can tell, the only audio available from the card is from the
audio out, and it is always going to output the audio from the currently
tuned channel.  In order for btaudio to work, the card would need to use
an audio processing chipset that btaudio supports.  Not only does the TV
2000 XP not use a chipset that btaudio supports, it appears to not have
any audio processing chipset at all.

When watching live TV in something like xawtv, you can just use the
audio out from the card, and it will work fine.  With MythTV, however,
you are never really watching live TV.  Even when you have selected to
watch live TV, MythTV is actually converting the signal and storing it
to the disk buffer, and then displaying from the disk buffer.  If you
try to use the audio out from the Leadtek at this point, the audio will
be a bit ahead of the video.

In any case, whenever you use MythTV, you will want to patch the audio
out from the Leadtek to the audio in for your sound card, and then
configure MythTV to use your sound card for the audio source.

Woogie