[mythtv-users] lirc and externalcommand

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Thu Feb 20 18:34:31 UTC 2003

First, you'll want to check out the online docs as it explains the
procedure fairly well (heck, I even understood it!).  The shell scripts
you need are in the docs.

Also, the "externalcommand" may only work when you turner card is *not* in
"television" mode.  I don't know if this is still the case with the new
cvs version as I thought I saw the "externalcommand" option listed for the
different INs but I'm away from my myth machine right now so I can't
varify.

Anyway, set your tuner input to "Composite1" (or something similar) and
check out: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.7

Jeremy