[mythtv-users] Newbie question/help

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 21 18:22:36 UTC 2003

Sounds like btaudio might be messing things up... if you're loading the
btaudio module, it will grab the first two available /dev/dsp* devices
and the first available /dev/mixer* device.  So, depending on your
module load order, /dev/dsp0 could be your sound card or your btaudio
input-only.  A quick look at the output of the 'dmesg' command should
tell you which devices btaudio is grabbing.  Your options then are to
remove references to btaudio from your /etc/modules.conf file, or to
re-run the Myth setup program and try changing the audio device
associated with your tuner(s).

Incidentally, you can force the devices that btaudio grabs with some
options in /etc/modules.conf.  Mine reads like:

	options btaudio dsp1=1 dsp2=2 mixer=1

will ensure that btaudio grabs /dev/dsp1, /dev/dsp2 and /dev/mixer1
(assuming they are available -- I don't know what happens if they're
already assigned)

Hope this helps.

-Joe C.