[mythtv-users] Phillips DirecTV over data port

Tarek Lubani tarek at tarek.2y.net
Tue Feb 25 13:36:53 UTC 2003

Well, a reasonable recommendation is to just try the programs that are
out there.. There is a list of browsers that are compatible, but it's
not immediately accessible to me.. In any case, many of the serial port
commands end up being the same. If not, then I think google is the best
way.. BUT, you should reconsider your criteria. For example, it is
unlikely (though not impossible) that this is the only receiver using
this protocol. As such, searching for anything phillips (maybe they all
use the same one?) or such would work out.. BUT, first step should be to
grab the files out there that already do this and see if they work..

one such file that does simple channel changing can be found at
http://tarek.2y.net/myth/sony.pl , if I recall correctly..

In any case, 2 things: 1) You will get more response if you approach the
DTV community as opposed to the Myth community, and 2) Post your
results, as they will help others down the line..

tarek : )