[mythtv-users] XMLTV is Broken in North America

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Tue Jul 1 09:33:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Graham Siener wrote:

> Not sure if this is relevant, but tv.yahoo.com has tv guides that always
> seem to work and the pages are consistent.  It might only show 3 hours at a
> time, but I'm sure someone could work out a scrubber, or even better, a way
> to access their data by passing it strings.
>
> Hope that wasn't a silly idea,

There aren't really any silly ideas ;)

But, you cannot say as an absolute that tv.yahoo.com will maintain a
consistent page layout in the future.  I'm sure the resourcefull folks at
xmltv are on top of it...

When things are free, you have to take the good with the bad.  Perhaps if
someone has information regarding subscription services that could
possibly be used for those who have come to depend on their MythTV
already, we could add that information into the documentation.

I envision the wives out there complaining that Trading Spaces didn't
record, and don't really care that xmltv is broken ;)

~cj