[mythtv-users] XMLTV is Broken in North America

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 1 15:51:25 EDT 2003

> I think it would be in all our best interest if we create a proxy guide
> data service based on XML.

now *this* would be a good thing for the bittorrent model.

A little server app for sharing tv guide info, with an enhanced xmltv on
the backend that could grab from multiple sources (eg. zap2it has better
info about provider channel listings than yahoo or tvguide, but yahoo
provides some extra info about programs).

Then again, with the enhanced xmltv would probably make the torrent
model unnecessary unless some people with pay-for accounts could provide
extra info not avaiable to those of us who are too cheap to pay for
listings.

-Chris