[mythtv-users] CPU usage for live TV? (Asus Pundit)

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Jul 4 14:09:44 EDT 2003

I asked this question earlier, but it was buried within a not-so-relevant
thread, so here it goes again...

I have an Asus Pundit system running both the front- and back-end for
MythTV.  It has a PVR-250 card.    While it seems to work pretty well, a
message from Isaac seemed to indicate that the CPU usage I'm seeing is
overly high.

While watching live TV, if I telnet into the machine, I see that CPU usage
is around 65%
That's about 35% X and 30% mythfrontend.

What are you folks seeing for CPU usage on your machines?  (With PVR-250)
I know the onboard SiS graphics isn't a powerhouse, but is it possible that
it is the cause for my high CPU usage?    XV seems to be enabled OK, but
DRI is not.   But the latter is only required for fast 3D stuff, right?

-WD