[mythtv-users] Has anyone had success with tv_grab_de and mythtv .10

Donald A. Cook DCook at t-online.de
Sat Jul 5 14:09:22 EDT 2003

Thanks to the help from Ramon in a different thread, I was able to setup
my database properly.

It seems that "mythfilldatabase --xawchannels 1 ~/.xawtv" no longer
works as it did with myth 0.91.

Ramon suggested that I try "mythfilldatabase --manual --preset".  This
worked.  Thanks again Ramon.

Ramon also pointed out to me that when I need to run mythfilldatabase
again, to get tv schedule updates, I should only run "mythfilldatabase
--update".  If you run mythfilldatabase without the --update option,
your channel table will get corrupted.

Lastly Ramon said to try " mythfilldatabase --manual --preset
--xawchannel 1 `/.xawtv". He said that you will get fewer prompts.  I
did not try this because my database was working correctly and I did not
want to take the chance of messing it up again.

donald