[mythtv-users] How to improve video quality

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Jul 6 08:01:18 EDT 2003

At 09:15 AM 7/6/2003 -0400, Steven J. Festa wrote:
>When watching live tv the video quality is very poor. Some channels even
>look B&W. is ther anything i can do to improve  the video?

Does the same problem appear when doing timed recording as well?

If yes, look into the possibility that you are using either the wrong
tuner-type setting for your vidcap card, or you are using the wrong
frequency set for your area and type of service. Either of these errors
usually presents the way you seem to be describing. (Although this question
comes up at least a couple of times a month, the detailed answer hasn't yet
made it into the FAQ section of the HowTo. So you'll need to search the
list archives if you need more instruction.)

If no ... then I have no immediate suggestion to offer. Post again with a
description of your setup and maybe somebody will be able to suggest something.