[mythtv-users] pvr350, dxr3, g400-tv & nvidia TV-out quality ?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 16:35:19 EDT 2003

Yes; if the MPEG decoder boards had good Linux drivers (AFAIK only the dxr3
has any decent drivers) and Myth supported output to MPEG decoder board for
all output (not just playback video), then a dxr3/PVR-250 combo (or just a
PVR-350, which has both hardware encoding & decoding) would allow you to get
away with a considerably less beefy machine for both frontend & backend.  I
don't know about 200Mhz, though... need more data to say just how slow you
could get away with.

-JAC