[mythtv-users] pvr350, dxr3, g400-tv & nvidia TV-out quality ?

Heikki Julkunen Heikki.Julkunen at motorola.com
Mon Jul 7 16:27:44 EDT 2003

You're right - should have avoided using sucks..
Anyway, this is what I have tried:

dxr3 - pretty good - picture goes all the way to the border. picture also
has nice hue/color/brightness (similar to "normal" tv). best so far (by
pretty large margin - looks pretty good even compared to dvd).

nvidia - ok - has black frame - if adjusting timing maybe possible to
get rid of that ? also is darker/less contrast. also has moire effects.
very hard to read normal sized text in X (640x480, even more so in 800x600).
i'm using the nvidia kernel driver - the 'nv' driver didn't support my
card, not sure if different driver will look different. vesa framebuffer
works fine to get bios/boot messages.

g400-tv - ok - picture about the same as nvidia - more black frame though,
but seen people have gotten around that problem. also slower than nvidia
card. also never got vesa framebuffer to work on tv - so have to wait until
X is fully operational (I don't have a monitor on my stb so its nice to see
whats going on if its not coming up properly).