[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend won't start from script

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jul 8 08:44:27 EDT 2003

At 05:54 PM 7/7/2003 -0400, Ben Brown wrote:
>When ever I try to start mythfrontedn form a script, I get an error saying
>cannot connect to database. If I open a terminal and start it everything
>is fine.  Anybody have an idea what the problem is?

Did you already get an answer on this? If so, I missed it.

Ideas:

1. When does the script run? Might it be running too early in the init
sequence, before mysql is started (or before networking, if mysql is on a
different host)? If you open the terminal and run the script from it, does
it work?

2. Does the script contain an error? If it is reasonably short, post it. If
not, inspect it carefully.

3. More a long shot: might there be a uid problem? What uid does the script
run under when it normally runs?

iF you post again on this, please quote the script if at all possible,
indicate when and how run run it, and quote the exact error message with a
bit of context,(and tell us where it appears) .