[mythtv-users] Re: XMLTV 0.5.15

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 8 23:09:57 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 12:39:41AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 12:10 am, MegaDeTH wrote:
> > New version, looks like they changed format again.
> >
> > tv_grab_na produces different display-names to before: now the
> > channel's name and number ('2 CFRN') is one name and the number alone
> > ('2') is output as a secondary display-name.  Applications looking for
> > a channel number should try to use the numeric display-name.
>
> Damn them.  This crap pisses me off.  Obviously, this breaks mythfilldatabase,
> so, stick with 0.5.14 until I get around to updating things.

I asked Ed Avis, the core cmltv developer, about those frequent
changes breaking things and he was a bit surprised. Certainly it is
not his intention to break other projects.

Would it be sensible to contact him or xmltv-devel directly to discuss
the tag contents and stabilize the interface? He is always willing to
talk about the tag semantics, their atomicity etc, and he does in a
pleasant way. Maybe even some mythtv experience could be cast into the
new draft DTD?
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de