[mythtv-users] Re: XMLTV 0.5.15

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jul 8 22:11:02 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 04:09 pm, Axel Thimm wrote:
> I asked Ed Avis, the core cmltv developer, about those frequent
> changes breaking things and he was a bit surprised. Certainly it is
> not his intention to break other projects.
>
> Would it be sensible to contact him or xmltv-devel directly to discuss
> the tag contents and stabilize the interface? He is always willing to
> talk about the tag semantics, their atomicity etc, and he does in a
> pleasant way. Maybe even some mythtv experience could be cast into the
> new draft DTD?

I've already contacted him.  Basically, he didn't think any of the changes
would cause a problem because all he cares about are the core xmltv tools and
what it explicitly says in the DTD.  Channel numbers aren't covered at _all_
in the DTD, so he didn't think the least about changing the "not intented for
programmatic use" display-name field, which I've been programmatically
pulling channel numbers out of (for tv_grab_na, at least) for the past year
or so.

Isaac