[mythtv-users] AGP Tuner suggestions

Bill Whyte thewhytehouse at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:55:28 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am looking to put together a mythTV box frontend/backend on one box.  I am thinking about using a Shuttle SN41G2 /2500+ 512 megs.  This box comes with 1 PCI and one AGP slot.  I currently have a AverTV Studio card which is working well and will ocupy the PCI slot.

I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions of what card should occupy the AGP slot, I don't really need any VGA as the box already has dual VGA output, but I do need a AGP TV tuner and I know of none that come without the VGA.  I would like to stay away from ATI for driver reasons.  Does anybody have any suggestions? What if any are the downfalls of these suggestions.

Also any comments on this config??  I have read past posts and looks like people have been successfull getting this going.  Anybody running this config? Do you find it loud?

Thanks for your input and all the great work on the project.

Bill