[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Re:standard capture size?

Kevin D. Lenth fhathead at nmt.edu
Thu Jul 10 21:10:43 EDT 2003

> so if wanted the max possible resolution without going overboard on ntsc
> what should i set my res to?  right now i have it and my capture card at
> 720x480 but my file sizes are a whopping 3.6 GB / hour with mpeg4 @ 2200

I assume you're using a hardware encoder card (e.g., Hauppauge PVR [23]50)
-- MythTV (apparently) ignores whatever setting you use for output formats
with MPEG-2 hardware encoders and just dumps an MPEG-2 with a .nuv
extension (or an MPEG-2 wrapped in a NuppelVideo?).  You'll need to use
some other program to transcode it.

      --Kevin Lenth