[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion Away programming

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sat Jul 12 17:16:41 EDT 2003

> Or if that is not an easy thing to tell because of variable
> bitrates  then within XYZ Mb user definable.

Already in CVS.

> It would probably be wise to add a "DO NOT DELETE EVER!#@!" flag to the
> recording before this was implemented too

Already in CVS.

> If this is the case, and viewing priority is higher than something already
on the
> disk then remove the file on disk and record the new show.

I threatened to add auto-expire and someone implemented it, I now threaten
to implement rank based deletion. If you use programming rankings it should
pretty much give you what you want. Currently I think rank based deletion
should be as simple as keeping rank in recorded and adding a few more lines
of code to autoexpire.cpp (plus a tiny bit of UI code). I'm working on
something else right now but will tackle rank based deletion once I'm done.

--
Anduin Withers