[mythtv-users] mythtv without internet-connection?

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 10:26:30 EDT 2003

From: Mike Miller <miller44 at optonline.net>
>Im not 100% sure if this would work but I suppose
>you could download
>like a months worth of listings using xmltv on a
>computer that does have
>internet (there is xmltv for windows too) and copy
>the file manually
>over to the linux box.

If you are in North America, Zap2it only looks
1 week to 10 days in advance.

What I was thinking would be to run mythbackend
and mysql on an internet connected machine, then
on a nightly and/or weekly basis do
mysqldump -u mythtv mythconverg program > data.sql
then save data.sql to a disc or disk and on the
mythtv box:

mysql -u mythtv mythconverg -e "delete * from
program;"
mysql -u mythtv mythconverg < /mnt/floppy/data.sql

-Dennis