[mythtv-users] Adding stuff to the Documentation

macnean dardack at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jul 13 19:28:32 EDT 2003

After extensively searching the mailing list and some helpful
suggestions from people i have managed to get my PVR 250 grey remote to
work with Mandrake 9.1.  I just think that there should be a quick
mention of this stuff in the 19.10 documentation.
You must remove the lirc directory from the
/lib/modules/2.4*/kernel/3rdparty
than you must install the cvs of lirc but first remove automake and
reinstall the newer version.  After installing cvs of lirc copy the
lircd-g.conf file from ivtv to /etc/lircd.conf
follow the rest of the normal directions.  But than you must restart
mandrake and than it will work.

I did all the first part but nothing would come from irw at all until i
finally gave up for the day, came back and restarted the next day tried
it on a wim and it worked.

Just thought this should be added.  ANyways thanks for everyone's help
on that.  working on the bad tv problem.  I installed WinXp and watching
live TV works fine.  So i'm put in a new video card that i read has XV
support cause i do think the problem was my old card (but wasn't able to
check it out cause i installed XP and than just changed cards to
reinstall mandrake)  Anyways we'll see.  Thanks everyone so far.

-DarDack