[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Jul 13 23:40:35 EDT 2003

well, I'm about to give up.  I think I have svcd mpeg encoding working
to a "done" point (ie. it works), but I'd like to be able to use the
cutlist.  I can get mplayer to work with its -edl flag on a file I
generate from myth's cutlist, but for some reason the audio goes out of
sync after awhile (about 1 second fast at the end of what was originally
a 30 minute show).

If anyone is curious, this is what I'm using:

# make a fifo for mplayer
mkfifo -m 600 stream.yuv

# you HAVE to background this process, or run it in a different console
mplayer -noframedrop -vo yuv4mpeg -ao pcm -waveheader -v -osdlevel 0
myfile.nuv &

# lots of stuff - note multi-thread and kill if if you don't have
# two cpu's
nice -n 19 yuvdenoise < stream.yuv | nice -n 19 yuvscaler -v 0 -n n -M
BICUBIC -O SVCD | nice -n 19 mpeg2enc --format 5 --quantisation 10
--video-bitrate 2500 --aspect 2 --frame-rate 4 --interlace-mode 0
--motion-search-radius 32 --video-buffer 300 --nonvideo-bitrate 192
--sequence-length 795 --multi-thread 2 -o out.mpv

# I like toolame over mp2enc - I have an rpm if anyone wants it
toolame -m j -b 192 audiodump.wav out.mp2

# mplex
mplex -f 5 out.mpv out.mp2 -o out.mpg

---

Anyway, it works seemingly flawlessly with -f 4 (standard svcd), and I'm
just now running a test with -f 5 (custom svcd, allows for some more
control over encoding settings, etc).  But the instant I start using the
edl, things go out of sync (though other than that, it does "seem" to
work - commercials are cut out of both the video and the audio).  Thus,
all of this would be solved if the copy-only transcode stuff in
mythbackend were to get finished (fingers crossed) - actually, even a
little utility to specify things by hand would be fine with me.

-Chris