[mythtv-users] Feature request

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Jul 14 20:16:40 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 15:37, Steve Hill wrote:
> When I was watching TV tonight, I had an idea for a useful feature - in
> the same way as you can prioritise recordings, would it be possible to set
> a recording priority so low that it is overridden by LiveTV?
> i.e.  I want to record episodes of the simpsons when nothing else
> interesting is on.  But if I'm watching live tv I don't want my viewing to
> be interrupted by "MythTV wants to record the simpsons".  So I'd like to
> be able to flag a recording to only happen if nothing else is using the TV
> card.

Umm... that wouldn't work, since if you it in the mythtv module, and the
TV were off, you wouldn't get your recording and you weren't watching
the TV anyway.  Wouldn't it be better if it prompted (a la Tivo) that it
was about to start a recording (a minute early) and gave the option to
cancel the upcoming recording, while defaulting to "record as planned"?

	-I

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com