[mythtv-users] Feature request

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jul 15 14:50:34 EDT 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> [...]

Correct. The scheduler doesn't consider if a tuner is being
used for live TV because there is no telling if that tuner
will be in use when a future recording starts.

When starting live TV, it first checks if there is a tuner
available on the same host as the frontend. If not, it checks
for the first available tuner anywhere. If none, then an SOL
messages is printed.

For recording, the first show is assigned to the first card,
the next overlapping to the next card, etc. in the order the
cards were added in setup. If someone is watching live TV on
card 1 and there is one show to record, the user will be
prompted even if there is another unused card.

There is no correlation between which frontend was used when
choosing a show to record and which tuner is chosen when it is
time to record.

--  bjm