[mythtv-users] Dedicated x-box frontend? (xbox newbie question)

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 15:43:08 EDT 2003

This actually depends on the method you choose.  I
believe there are 2 options now.

1.  use one of the game hacks to reflash the xbox's
original bios and install linux.  i haven't done this,
but i believe this would make your xbox only a linux
machine.

2.  install a modchip and flash it with a new bios,
then add a new dashboard.  this is what most people do
and it is totally harmless to your xbox (assuming you
don't do something wrong).  you will still be able to
play games, dvds, linux, etc.

i don't see why you wouldn't want the second option.