[mythtv-users] Mute CD audio from TV card - how?

Todd Turner todd_a_turner at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 23:09:19 EDT 2003

Hey Everyone,

I am a linux newbie, but have had some success, mostly
due to the red hat 9 mythtv "cheat sheet".  I have
everything working, except audio (I have TV Wonder and
SB Live, using internal patch cable from TV Wonder to
CD jumper on sound card).

I am experiencing:

1.  No audio in recorded shows.
2.  Audio that is not time shifting.

This tells me that the audio is not being encoded, it
is just being looped through the sound card.  How do I
get mythtv to capture the sound AND how do I mute the
sound so I don't hear the audio real time.

I am extremely impressed with what I have seen so far.
  My P3 500 though does not have enough juice, very
choppy, even at low res.

thanks

todd