[mythtv-users] Telly's Free Program Guide

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 17 13:06:24 EDT 2003

The problem is, most of the sources you mentioned only yield information
about programs currently showing.  At best you might get a day's worth.  Not
very useful for scheduling.  Also, the sources you suggest are all highly
specific to each cable/satellite/broadcast provider.

You've got a point in that we don't want to steal listing data... we need to
get it from a free/open source, or from a source that each individual Myth
user is authorized to use, which is why I've suggested a way to grab Tivo's
listings would be useful for those Myth'ers that also have a valid Tivo
subscription.  Of course, it'd be nice to have a solution for the rest of
us, too, but so far we're all drawing a blank.

-JAC