[mythtv-users] MythTV shopping list

Rob Hudson rob at euglug.net
Mon Jul 21 08:28:57 EDT 2003

> On 20030721.0830, hayward at slothmud.org said ...
>
> >I am running a 1.1Ghz Duron with a cheap ECS motherboard and 384 MB of RAM
> >and a PVR 250 card and it runs seamlessly on the newer versions.  Pre-.10 I
> >was having the occasional jitter problem on live TV but recordings were
> >always great.  Now everything is great.  I'm still on OSS sound drivers too
> >and a GeForce2 MX board for TV out.
> >
> >-Jeff
>
> Right, but I think he was going to EITHER get a 1.0 OR get a PVR-250, not
> both.  With your gf2 MX, how did you get around the black borders on your
> TV screen?
>
> --
> Brian

I'm starting to see the value of getting both a better processor and a
tv card that can do encoding in hardware, now.  :)

There's a $30 coupon right now from Outpost/Fry's...
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3427423#rebate

Is there any reason to spend the extra $90 or so and get the PVR-350?

Will MythTV work with digital cable systems?

I appreciate all the feedback.

-Rob