[mythtv-users] mythbackend errors

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Jul 22 00:37:24 EDT 2003

Hmm, when mythfrontend has a problem and has to be shutdown with alt-f4 or
ctrl-c from the terminal it was started from, running:

/etc/init.d/mythbackend status

reports "mythbackend dead but subsys locked"

What subsys is it refering too?  Reloading the bttv drivers does not resolve
the issue nor does restarting mythbackend. The only way to get things working
again is rebooting.

This is on an mdk 8.2 system running myth 0.10. I've seen the same behaviour
under the 0.9.x releases.

I'm running a clean 2.4.20 kernel with the alsa 0.9.5 stuff, dual tuners,
Aver TVPhone (/dev/video, /dev/dsp) and ATI TV Wonder (btaudio module)
(/dev/video1, /dev/dsp3 - digital with 32k sampling) on an Epox 8KTa3 (via
kt133a) motherboard with an Athlon XP1800+ and 512mb pc133.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting