[mythtv-users] Re: Mouse pointer

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Thu Jul 24 11:00:39 EDT 2003

Isaac has stated before rather emphatically that this functionality will
not be put in. He does not want a mouse pointer visible while MythTV is
running, and neither do most of the users. I wasn't arguing with you why
it should or should not be there, I was telling you why it is not and
will not be there, unless Isaac has a very large change of mind (read:
extremely unlikely). Please search the list archive at gossamer threads
for more information.

-----Original Message-----
From: rwiegand at highstream.net [mailto:rwiegand at highstream.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 8:46 AM
To: mythtv-users at snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Mouse pointer

ScottB at Cavps.com rwote:

> You are forgetting that this is a system designed for use without a
> mouse (read: as a menu like you have in your VCR / DVD player). Using
it
> otherwise is the exception rather than the rule.

Well I find my PC easier to use than my VCR. I like being to change a
setting at the end of the page without having to step over all the
ones before.

>If you set up your
> remote properly, you don't even need a keyboard.

If you set up your remote properly it will work as a mouse :-)

> Nobody wants to have a mouse pointer in the middle of their live tv or
> video. Come to think of it, I really don't want it in the middle of my
> menu either.

I don't want the pointer over live video, just the control screens.
It would be nice to have the option to not hide the pointer. From what I
can tell, it look like the mouse works correctly, the graphic pointer
is just hidden.

Regards,
Bob