[mythtv-users] ALSA issues with newer kernel [solution]

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Jul 24 15:59:22 EDT 2003

I'm just throwing this out here so it's in the archives for someone to
not search on when it comes up ;-).

I was having issues trying to compile and install ALSA using kernel
2.4.20 and ALSA 0.9.5.  On modprobe'ing the driver, it'd complain of
unresolved symbols in snd.o.  Turns out it's a problem with the ALSA
configure script deleting workqueue.h from
alsa-driver-0.9.5/include/linux/.  So, after untarring the ALSA lib
archive, go to that dir, copy the workqueue.h to something temporary
like workqueue.xh.  Then go back and run the configure script as you
would.  Before typing 'make', copy that temp workqeue.xh back to
workqueue.h.  Then make, make install, etc.

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer  |  Digital Sandbox, Inc.
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary