[mythtv-users] DCT2000 and lirc

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Sun Jul 27 13:41:57 EDT 2003

Ok to any who are following this ... I just confirmed there has been
no change to configuration on my box from the head end (CableCo),
everything is default config/options. The only option in their
interface to the box regarding that port was to enable it for HDTV
which they probably will never do.

But for channel changing wtc ... it works fine for me now  :) ... my
initial issues were caused by _me_.

a) I was trying to get lirc over serial working and it was nothing but
a headache (the module wouldn't load unless it saw /dev/lirc as a
driectory, and if I created the directory, when I tried to run
irrecord, it would say couldn't open /dev/lirc *because* it was a
driectory)

b) I wasn't using the correct type of cable  ;)

I created my own cable using DB9 to RJ45 connectors so if anyone wants
the pin-outs let me know.

--
Lonny