[mythtv-users] rankings question/problem

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Jul 28 00:50:25 EDT 2003

I have a similar problem.

Stargate SG-1 and Monster Garage both come on at 8PM where I live.
Monster Garage comes on Monday at 8PM with a replay (same episode) at 8PM Friday
SG-1 Comes on Friday at 8PM and shows reruns (old episodes) at 8PM Monday

Scheduling either for timeslot recording results in a conflict as Myth detects
it in the timeslot both days and wants me to pick a prefered show. I looked
in the database and I believe there is no field for day of week, so "weekly"
recording is actually "daily" recording if the show is in that timeslot more
than once a week. Does this sound right? Or is there a way to schedule a
Friday-only timeslot recording, or Monday-only, etc? (without doing a record
once recording every week)

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
jwhite at gapsinc.com                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
-Jack Handy