[mythtv-users] Re: Hardware MPEG2 encdoder really worth it?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Jul 31 23:00:21 EDT 2003

I'm completely new at this DivX encoding stuff so I just _need_ to ask
you some questions:

why the 3 steps? what is frameserve? what kind of filtering are you doing?

I'm currently using Dr. DivX to do my encoding (like you over the
network on a Windows machine) and quite satisfied with the result. (but
only because I've not needed to encode anything that has commercials in
the middle because it doesn't allow editing, just begin and end positions).

Cheers,
 -Tako