[mythtv-users] Multiple directories for MythTV recordings?

Max max-mythtv-users at lasevich.net
Thu Jul 31 14:17:59 EDT 2003

Can MythTV use multiple directories or sub-directories for finding
recordings? My Myth box has a relatively small drive and I would like to
keep most of the recordings on my NFS filer, however recording straight to
the filer proved to be too much for my setup (I am yet to figure out why) so
I would like to be able to move the files without having to edit the db.

Also, would anyone be interested in ability for MythTV and MythVideo to pick
up information about the file from description text file, if there is no
info about it in DB? Or maybe even keep the info in the file and cache it in
DB for speed. This will allow easier moving files between MythTV
installations as well as interop with other programs. Just a thought, I
could be way off in this.

Lastly, is there a way to extract raw MPEG2/4 from the Nuppel container w/o
quality loss/transcoding?

-M