[mythtv-users] Not recording anything using CVS (7/30)

Trey Stout phlux at udpviper.com
Thu Jul 31 20:46:36 EDT 2003

Hello all. 1st post here. I have gotten mythtv cvs (7/30) running on gentoo
1.4RC4.

I can watch live tv with no problem, (sound is even in sync). The program
guide works fine too. Whenever I try to record something, nothing happens.
And I mean nothing. Nothing is written to the console, no files are made in
my recordings directory, and myth just keeps right on going as if nothing
were supposed to happen.

The time is set correctly, and the DB filled correctly. I am using the
television input of my bt8xx card, and using dsp1 (digital) for audio.
Pausing TV works great. It restarts and fast forwards/ rewinds just fine.
But both instant recording and scheduled recording do nothing. I have been
led to believe that once it starts recording I shouldn't be able to watch
live tv, since I only have 1 capture card. My recording directory is
/storage/recordings which is an ext3 partition mounted r/w and owned by root
(which mythtv is running as).

Can someone help me out here? I'm not sure what info to post. I can post a
dmesg if that helps?  Like I said, everything seems to be working except
recording. Is there a way to have myth produce more verbose logging? Sorry,
if I'm not giving enough info. I'm just not sure what is relevant.

Thanks for a kickass project guys! Myth truly rules, and I am very excited
to have gotten it this far :D

-Trey